On July 13, 2022, RIKEN AIP signed a memorandum of understanding with the Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC), a research institute under Singapore’s Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), to promote international collaboration in education and research in areas related to Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Purpose and Collaborative Programs and Activities
RIKEN AIP and IHPC in furtherance of their mutual interests in education and research, and as a contribution to increased international cooperation between them, agreed to implement the following programs and activities.
- Conducting joint research to develop fundamental ML/AI algorithms and investigating theoretical properties in three key pillars of Centre for Frontier AI Research (CFAR), A*STAR – Artificial General Intelligence, Resilient & Safe AI, Sustainable AI
- Developing and training ML/AI researchers, engineers and students through collaboration and exchange of people
- Publishing high quality publications in top-tier conferences and journals
- Organising Singaporean and Japanese conferences/workshops in ML/AI
Both parties will promote research collaborations in the AI fields.
About Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC)
A*STAR’s Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC) was established in August 1998 to provide leadership in computational modelling, simulation and AI to solve major scientific, industrial and societal challenges. It seeks to promote and spearhead scientific advances and technological innovations through multidisciplinary R&D, and to develop impactful applications to further economic growth and improve lives.
Our research focuses are in computing science and AI; large scale complex systems modelling; social and cognitive computing; computational engineering mechanics, fluidic dynamics, electronics and photonics, materials science and chemistry. These core capabilities enable IHPC to tackle real-world challenges in physical and human systems, such as in manufacturing, energy, transportation and urban systems, environmental sustainability and healthcare.
For more information, visit https://www.a-star.edu.sg/ihpc
About Centre for Frontier AI Research (CFAR)
Formed in 2021, the A*STAR Centre for Frontier AI Research (CFAR) aims to advance use-inspired basic research in AI within the broader scientific community of A*STAR. Focusing on Artificial General Intelligence, Resilient & Safe AI and Sustainable AI, CFAR seeks to be a world-class AI Centre, dedicated to pushing boundaries of AI research, bringing economic and scientific impact on the national and global scale.
For more information, visit https://www.a-star.edu.sg/cfar