The project aims to comprehensively develop future researchers in AI and related fields. By encouraging and deepening exchanges among young researchers in both AI and other fields from Japan and overseas, this project will support the next generation of AI researchers and the research projects born from their unique ideas.
1. Donation project
Support for Future AI Talent
2. Project to be supported
- Project title
Support for Future AI Talent (The RIKEN Center for Advanced Intelligence Project)
The RIKEN Center for Advanced Intelligence Project has been launched since April 2016 with the subsidy for “Advanced Integrated Intelligence Platform Project (AIP) -Artificial Intelligence/ Big Data/ Internet of Things/ Cybersecurity-.” from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
Our center aims to achieve scientific breakthrough and to contribute to the welfare of society and humanity through developing innovative technologies. We also conduct research on ethical, legal and social issues caused by the spread of AI technology and develop human resources.
This project aims to comprehensively develop future researchers in AI and related fields. By encouraging and deepening exchanges among young researchers in both AI and other fields from Japan and overseas, this project will support the next generation of AI researchers and the research projects born from their unique ideas.
- Project details
1) Conducted by
The RIKEN Center for Advanced Intelligence Project
Director, Masashi Sugiyama
・Support for travel, accommodation, and living expenses for young AI researchers dispatched/invited to or studying at other institutions
・Participation fee subsidies for young AI researchers attending conferences, etc.
・Funds to further improve the research environment through holding seminars, spreading information on research accomplishments, and AIP promotion activities
3. Donation period
September 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2025
4. Expenditure plan (approximate amounts)
- Young AI researchers travel/study costs 140 million yen
- Young AI researchers conference participation fee subsidies 10 million yen
- Improving the research environment costs (seminars, etc.) 50 million yen
5. Donation procedures
Please refer to the website below.
・Support RIKEN on RIKEN’s external website (http://www.riken.jp/en/about/support/)
6. Special benefits
- Donors are posted on the website, mentioned in thank-you remarks/signs at conferences, etc.
- Donors whose donation (within a fiscal year) is 500,000 yen or more will receive invitations to AI seminars. Donors whose donation is 2 million yen or more will be guaranteed seats at AI seminars and will receive invitations to opinion exchanges held by the center director.
7. Inquiries regarding the project
Advanced Intelligence Project Promotion Office, RIKEN
Address: Nihonbashi 1-chome Mitsui Building, 15th floor, 1-4-1 Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0027, Japan